By Boris Mann on May 4, 2004 - 1:54pm
If you're not logged in or you don't have an account, you'll see a box titled User Login on the right hand side of the screen. As well as fields for username and password, there are two links, "create a user account" and "request new password".
The first thing you need to do is create a user account. All you need to provide at this point is a username (it can just be your full name with spaces, like "John Doe") and a valid email address (we need to email you your password).
Now that you've created an account you should receive an email containing your password so you can come back and sign in. Use the User Login box to fill in your username and initial password. The password is going to be a long complicated one, so once you've signed in you'll want to hit the Account link at the top of the screen.
Here you can fill in some more information about yourself and even upload a picture of yourself. Type a new password twice to change it, and set any other details. Most fields are optional, so feel free to leave anything you want blank. Once you're done editing your account information, remember to hit the Submit button at the bottom.
Congratulations! You now have an account on UrbanVancouver.com. When you're logged in, there is a new menu block on the bottom left-hand side, titled with your username. This lists all the options you have access to. Any registered member has access to the following features:
- All postings are identified with your username
- Can post to your personal blog (each blog has it's own RSS feed; more on this later)
- Can post images to the main or personal image galleries (currently a maximum of 25 images; contact us if you want more space -- we're not stingey)
- Can subscribe to be notified by email of updates or comments on any item
- Can send private messages to other users
- Can view the member list