By worldpoetry on October 26, 2010 - 1:23pm
World Poetry Welcomes National and International poets on tour!
World Poetry proudly presents Dr. Stephan Gill from Cornwall, Ontario and Dr. Sharma from Gujarat, India in three different events:
• October 26, World Poetry Café, 9-10 pm. 102.7 FM CFRO. Internet: www.coopradio.org E-poems by Dr. Ram Sharma. Hosts: Ariadne Sawyer and Angelo Moroni. You can go to www.poetry.ca for downloads.
• October 27, 6:30 pm. World Poetry New Westminster Night Out First Anniversary, New Westminster Public Library, New Westminster Public Library 716-6th Avenue(Auditorium Room) New Westminster, BC, Canada.
• Dr. Gill and Dr. Sharma will be in the lower mainland for two weeks and would welcome interviews, articles, radio and TV appearances.
• To book an appointment, please contact Ariadne Sawyer, MA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-526-4729, cell 778-388-4729.
• Ansted Poet Laureate Stephen Gill has authored more than twenty books, including novels, literary criticism, and collections of poems. His poetry and prose have appeared in more than five hundred publications. Multiple award-winning poet Stephen was born in Sialkot, Pakistan, and grew up in India. He is the subject of various doctoral studies. Seven books have been released by scholars and more are being written. Two of these literary studies are on his epical poem The Flame. Literary scholars say that the Flame is the longest poem in English language on modern terrorism. (Websites: www.stephengill.ca ; www.stephengillcriticism.info )
• Dr. Anuradha Sharma is an Assistant Professor at Navjivan Arts and Commerce College, Dahod in Gujarat and writes poetry in English and Hindi both. Her poems and research papers have appeared in many journals, anthologies and news papers in India and abroad. At present she is working on a Minor Research Project funded by UGC and has been selected for Associate ship by IIAS, Shimla. She is editing a book on Stephen Gill and also translating his epical poem The Flame.
• Keeping this tradition, the management of Bharat Times from Montreal has decided to honor Anuradha Sharma, a Lecturer at Navjivan Arts and Commerce College, Sheth Girdharnagar Vidhya Sankul, Zalod Road, Dahod- 389151. Gujarat. (INDIABharat Times honors Ms. Anuradha Sharma not only because of her dedication as a lecturer at Navjivan College, the quality of her published research papers and poetry, but also for the work she has done and is doing to bring awareness to women to become a meaningful segment of humanity. The management admires that in addition to her teaching and writing, she is able to find time to attend seminars and visit remote villages in India to make women aware of their human rights to live with dignity. In spite of tough resistance from a section of establishment, she continues to be in touch with women of every age and group to give also moral help and personal counseling. The management of Bharat Times agrees with her beliefs that no nation can be called cultured in the true sense and cannot progress materially if the rights of women to survive with dignity are not properly recognized constitutionally and implemented vigorously.
Ms. Anuradha Sharma) has also been accepted for the honor of Doctor of Humanity by IICM International Bible College in Florida, USA for the same service.